Monday, May 12, 2014

A Garden Inspired by the Beach

We visit the Oregon Coast yearly and I love the flowers and gardens
in Cannon Beach with a view of Haystack Rock and the ocean




{the dogs like it there too}

After visiting there in April, I came home wanting to create
a miniature garden with a beach theme.

Flowers, a tree (a dwarf form of Japanese Cedar), a sandy beach
and of course, the ocean!

with Haystack Rock off in the distance

We always see dogs at Cannon Beach
{and bring our own}
The black one above is resting on Scotch Moss,
a ground cover perennial


and the white one is running on the beach,
past the sandcastles and beach umbrella


These last 3 photos have a blue sky appearing above the ocean

I used pastels on paper as a photo prop

and now I want to figure out how to keep a sky out there
beyond the ocean!
{my back yard fairy garden has a painted background, so why not?}

I added some glitter to the sparkly sand,
not sure what a wind storm or heavy rain will do to this garden,
but this week has beautiful weather so I'm not going to think about that now.

~Violet ~

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Genius. Violet, the typed words here cannot express the joy I feel every time I witness one of your pieces. The only thing I can say is that your attention to detail is so reminiscent of what my dear father used to do for ME (and for the little boy in him) by making little scenarios. This desire to create, it is innate in us, isn't it? We are made in HIS image, and wouldn't that mean that we are a chip off the old block, so to speak? Your glittering sands, the perfect rock to represent the local monument, and those COTTAGES...is that where you stayed, where Miss D is standing on the grass? This is glorious, your sky prop is so seamlessly added in, and I wish windless days so this piece can enjoy many a summer day. Off to work now, but you have left me with yet another jolt of energy! LOVE!

Burlap Luxe said...

Oh, Violet,
I want to live in your world.
It looks just amazing, yet does not surprise me that you would capture the beauty of your favorite beach.

You are just too amazing, and talent in reproducing your your slice of beauty.

Thank you dear sweet friend for taking the time to admire my new find, (the sea weathered Lantern )
I so enjoy your beautiful visits and comments you leave behind joy my heart.

See you soon.
Xoxo
Dore

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Violet, this is truly a work of art! I love what you have created, and your visit to the beach is just beautiful. You must have had a grand time.
Thank you so much for sharing.
fondly,
Penny

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So so beautiful xx

Martina said...

Oh, Violet, this is totally amazing, you're a genius when it come to cute fairy tale things! Love it! And your dog is the prettiest EVER!

Createology said...

Thank you Violet. I feel as though I have just visited my beloved beach that I live so far away from now. This is just precious and I adore what you have created. Creative Beach Bliss Dear...