Sunday, November 9, 2008

Light

... Thoughts of Light this morning ...
-
"The unfolding of your words gives light"
Psalm 119:130
-
"You are resplendant with light!"
Psalm 76:4
-
"The Lord turns my darkness into Light"
2 Samuel 22:29
-
A watercolor painting with calligraphy ... the model for this painting, a beautiful woman who has let Christ's love shine into her heart. This is a painting about light, about lifting our hearts to the Lord in prayer, about His Word
and the light it shines into our hearts.
-
This is one of my paintings with calligraphy that I have available as a print,
which can be found, along with others, at this site: http://www.yessy.com/violetskiles/gallery.html
-
Have a blessed day! It can be filled with light even though it might be raining...
-
-
-
-

4 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Oh my goodness Violet ....what a lovely blog you have! I cannot believe your artwork...some I could swear was photographs! Outstanding work!

Love your hounds too...I used to have an afghan...they're beautiful dogs!

Thansk so much for visiting me cause that led me to you! ;o)

Debbie in CA : ) said...

My dear friend,

How I needed to hear these words this day! Thank you for sharing! The beauty of God's word emanates from the very heart of your art. I am so blessed on a Monday rife with the need for prayer and light and JOY! I take a sweet packet of joy away with me from your precious site this day. God bless you. : )

p.s.
If you could remember me in your prayers ... some difficulties have swallowed up the pathway and I am SO seeking His guidance. I do not sit in darkness, but I do not see the pathway clearly yet.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Violet,

What a beautiful post. Filled with light, both in scripture and painting.
xo Lidy

"Create Beauty" said...

Thankyou ladies, for your sweet comments.

Saying a prayer for you Debbie ... we can't always see the light, we sometimes walk thru a valley of shadow, but He promised to walk it with us and so we will fear no evil. May He shine light on your path so you know the way.