Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thirsty?

Whoever is thirsty, come!
and whoever wishes, come take the free gift
of the water of life!
(spoken by Jesus in Revelation 22:17)

After taking this photo of this glass of water, all I could think of was delicious, ice-cold water, and what truly quenches my thirst. Some of my favorite verses in the Bible are words Jesus spoke about giving us water, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink" and in the Psalms, ---"He satisfies the thirsty" (Psalm 107:9) "My souls thirsts for God, the living God" (Psalm 42:2) -----There is Living Water, free for the asking! Delicious, ice-cold, thirst quenching water that satisfies like nothing else. (Eternally!)

Oh my oh my, have I got some photos to share! On Monday I went to my friend Lydia's house for a birthday luncheon for our friend Lynette. There were six of us there to celebrate. Lydia has filled her home (and life) with so much beauty. I have been there many many times, and each time I go from room to room, taking in all of the beautiful vignettes she has arranged. I took photo after photo (including the one above) ... and wait til you see her dining room chandelier!

She keeps her dining room table set with beautiful china and tablescapes of the season, in fact, even though the tablescape was Thanksgiving-y, she has two 4 ft. Christmas trees set up in there all year round! It is like walking through a beautiful home magazine. And the window coverings she has made! I am always so delighted to be in the midst of such beauty. But it isn't just a beautiful house, it is a beautiful home, and there is such a spirit of hospitality and peace there. Lydia is such a gracious hostess and when she has a party, the food is as beautiful as it is delicious. I can hardly wait to post some photos of the cake!!!

Absolutely delightful!

1 comment:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Thirsting? Yes, as a matter of fact, I have been rather parched of late. Today I bathed in the word and soaked in His grace -- feeling much better, thank you. ; )

Beautiful post!