Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Art of Autumn

These are watercolors inspired by the deep oranges, ochres,
burnt siennas and changing greens of Autumn.
-
This was a foggy morning ... as the mist was burning off
by the warm Autumn sunshine. Children playing in the leaves,
Oh the carefree days of childhood!
When finding leaves was the most important job of the moment!
-
Today I am thankful for:
-
the love of God
the love of my family and friends,
our dogs!
crisp Autumn days and
-
C O L O R
What are you giving thanks for today?

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I am THANKFUL for my health,my home, my husband & all my friends. Your art work is amazing. The piece of the little girl a couple of posts back... how large is that & is it for sale or just on your blog? If it is for sale could you let me know the price. I just bought a beautiful vintage doll & I would love to dress her like that little girl & have that to go with her. Blessing to you & yours. ~Charlene

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I'm with you on your list of thanksfuls...... thinking that colours are something I'm especially grateful for today, as I popped over to the Christmas display at one of our greenhouses...... it was so wonderful to see all the trees with their splendid decorations in every colour imaginable.

So, yes, I'm thankful for Colours!!