Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dress Forms and Winged Windows





A Feather Has Just Floated Down in Front of My Computer Monitor
~ I think the angels are shedding ~

The wings, that is, that I hung on these studio windows last night.
I thought they were fabulous until my husband took one look at them
~ and popped my blissful bubble ~

For some reason, he thinks it's strange to put wings on a window.
What do you think?
: )
Before I change things around, I thought I'd share this photo
featuring my studio's dress forms and crowns upon candlesticks

Just in case anyone is filled to the brim with seeing all the
Christmas Decor
We are all sharing on our blogs.
-
I found that Paris-decoupaged dress form
at a flea market event I went to a while back.

Can you believe someone wanted to part with her?!?!!?
I am still giddy that she came home with me.

A woman who formerly had a shop
that I frequented often in a cute little antiquey town
had decouaged this
vintage dress form
for her shop
but after her store closed
( she was moving on to other creative venues)
she found she did not have room for it anymore.
Which was happy news for me!!!




I get so inspired being surrounded by these whimsical things
that make me smile.

And I know that you 'get me'
~ unlike someone else who I love with all my heart

whose name I won't mention
: )

9 comments:

Createology said...

I love your wings on the window! Your studio is beautiful and the dress forms are fabulous. Happy Holly Jolly Joy...

Mystical Gypsy said...

Crowns! Wonderful crowns! Wherever did you find them? Also, love the wings. Husbands don't know everything :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

HERE I AM !!!! WOW what a crazy morning and day. I had no time to get to the computer and I cannot wait for this week to end so I can revel in creativity and friendship for two whole straight weeks! I LOVE THESE PHOTOS and that first angel's wing is just stunning, Violet. I so wish we lived in the same TOWN!!!

Now, you have just inspired me to hunt down some angels' wings. Where o where do I get them?????

LOVE YOU! Anita

Charlene said...

The wings on the window is marvelous!!! What do husbands know? God love them most of their taste is in their mouth! Thank you for your sweet comments about our new little Christmas Elf. YOU know how I feel!!!! That little one you painted the picture (which I still adore & will always treasure) of is who owns MY heart!

LOVE your dress form! Aren't you the lucky one. Thanks for sharing & have a wonderful week. HUGS!
Charlene

My Grama's Soul said...

I SO GET YOU....SWEET LADY!!

Xo

Jo

Fete et Fleur said...

I think angel wings on the window are wonderful. Thank you for your kind comment on my paper wings.

Nancy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Precious one,

THANK YOU FOR COMING...BUT a better view of it is now on CASTLES....the new template on Nowhere is toooooo, well, not my taste!

THANK YOU FOR COMING!!!! Wow, this took WAYYYYY TO LONG TO COMPOSE. I need to look at your email!!! LOVE YOU! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

teeeeheeee! DAHLING, YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY CHARMING, SMASHING AND DD GORGEOUS in all of your finery and those DIAMONDS!!!! Ahhhhh......the production is a success because at least 18 people came to Castles....I wasn't sure people would get the cheek of it all, but do you see how my mind works? COUNTERCLOCKWISE!!!! Oh dear Violet, it means so much to me that you have come to NOWHERE and back to Castles!!! You will not believe the menopause moments I had over doing this play, being sick, finishing up school and sharing the computer with my sweet but SMART RUBEN who also wants to hog up the computer like me!

Well dearest, I am so behind on my emails, blogging and such, but I gotta go get some rest.....this theatre thing is exhausting and Tea Rat is even planning a cast party so I best get on with it.....MANY HUGS AND BLESSINGS! Keep on that velvet and never take off those diamonds!!! BISES, Anita

Nita Stacy said...

Very whimsical and pretty.