Monday, April 18, 2011

A Painting Remembered


I remember this painting from my childhood
... I had forgotten about it and the effect it had upon me so long ago ...
-
The little girl sitting upon the lap of Jesus is asking him,
"What happened to your hand?"
-
I love everything about this painting,
the children in the beautiful garden, all gathered around the risen Savior,
who still has the scars upon his hands and feet.
Is this a moment in heaven?  I don't know what the artist,
Harry Anderson had in mind as he painted the children of his time
with Jesus
-
As a little girl I knew as I looked upon this painting that
I loved this man, and He loved me.
-
Art can be powerful, inspired, touching lives long after
the artist is gone.  Harry Anderson died in 1996
at the age of 90.  I did a search of his name and paintings
and many I recognized.  I am blessed to be someone who
was touched by his art.

As Easter approaches,
I wanted to share this painting and hope you are touched by it
as I am.
-
-
Here is another similar painting by this artist.
This is how I picture Jesus ~ smiling!
And notice how the children are looking at him!
(Don't you just wonder what delightful thing he is saying?!?)

I am rejoicing in His resurrection!

5 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Violet... how special, how beautiful.

Not only are the art pieces wonderful, but I was really touched by your words "As a little girl...I knew I loved this man, and he loved me". Precious!

I am SO glad you shared your memories and the impact of this artist on your life. It's an encouragement for each of us to continue to create those things He's placed within us.

What a lovely way to think about the upcoming event of Easter.

His grace in exceeding abundance!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear friend and sister, I remember this painting as well, and being moved by the child's question. I love how HE loves children and their inquisitiveness and may we all approach Him with the same wonder and eagerness to please. Oh, this is so precious. Blessings to you my dearest, as YOUR birthday approaches on the day we celebrate His ultimate gift to us for ETERNAL LIFE!!!! CELEBRATE!!!! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING! YOU CAME AGAIN TO THE BEACH! Oh, my favorite thing is to have an EASTER SUNRISE SERVICE!!! I just might add that in for my next post.....love to you this day, Anita

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hello dear Violet!
What beautiful pictures...I remember similar ones from long ago, too. I do remember thinking how kind and loving Jesus looked!
Wishing you a most blessed Easter week as you celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord & Saviour!
xoxo
Kathleen

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Violet,
Oh so nice to meet you and visit your lovely blog. I too love this art of our Lord and Saviour. The artist is talented and captured the gentleness of Jesus in his paintings. I too remember these from childhood and they always gave me such a sense of love.

Your paintings are wonderful and such a talent you are. So nice to meet another artist and be inspired by your creations.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I have so enjoyed my visit and now a happy follower too.
Have a blessed and special Easter.
Hugs, Celestina Marie