Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paint Your World in COLOR

What  Color  Will  You  Paint  Your  World  Today?
-
-
-
I want to paint mine with colors of joy and delight

I enjoy old black and white movies
-
~ and pencil drawings in shades of gray ~
-
sepia-toned family photos

and vintage silver tea pots that have aged to a beautiful patina

But as an artist
I   LOVE   COLOR
-
-

" J O Y"
comes only in bright colors of happiness
-
How appropriate that we celebrate Easter in the Spring
when everything is coming alive with color
and newness of life
-
-
What colors represent joy and delight to you?
{ is there a color that says 'happiness' to you?  Please share! }
-
Let's paint our world this week in the shades of beauty
and the colors of
-
Kindness
-
Forgiveness
-
L O V E
-
~ and spread the beauty and joy of a smile ~
-

~ Violet ~

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear heart,

THIS IS FULL OF JOY!!!!!! You know my color:

A Q U A!

This color says HAPPINESS and PEACE to me! I am sitting in my white studio with aqua tulle and ribbon and just the contrast gives me a HUGE LIFT.

AND I forget to tell you that I bough an embossing gun, pad and powder to try out on my designs! We are creators made in the image of the grand master!!!!!

LOVE YOU dear friend, Anita

Createology said...

Oh yes I love colors. All colors are joyous. My personal pallet is the colors of the peacock in all its jeweltone blues and greens. I live in a blue house, drive a blue car and live on Big Blue Road. However I wear mostly black with some grey with accents of red or pink or blue or well you can tell I love colors. I adore your photos embracing color. Blissful weekend...

Dawne said...

Hi Violet,
Your name says my color!!!! And If your name were VIOLET MAUVE LAVENDER PERIWINKLE, well, all the better!!!
I love your pix! Is that your granddaughter? So cute!
My internet was down for 2 weeks, but I'm back now! Have a beautiful weekend and Palm Sunday,
xx
dawne

C'est moi Claudette said...

No beige in my world Violet. I think you know that.
Are those your sweet grands? Adorable.
I love all bright colors, but mostly red and yellow for spring. Pink is my most favorite.
Happy spring my dear friend.
xoxo

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Good evening Violet~
This is such a sweet post.Enjoyed the pictures and the meaning behind your words!
Have a lovely evening,smiles

Palomasea said...

Beautiful post, dear Violet!
I love the photos, so sweet.
I really love so many colors...
depends on the season and my mood I guess. Coral...coral and turquoise together! All of the glorious colors in nature...
When I have my paints out, I am a happy girl!
A beautiful Easter to you and your family!
xoxo,
- Irina