Sunday, December 16, 2012

White Christmas Kitchen

Christmas in our Kitchen
In White, Silver and a Touch of Red

~ A little vignette next to the stove ~

The sliding doors allow so much natural light
{even on a wet gray day like today}




The winter vignette on the counter

On the wall, my ice skate print
embellished with glitter and a jewel

And a touch of red and snowlady whimsy
next to the window over the sink

~ A candles glow to warm the spirit ~

Thanks for stopping by as I share this room
as part of my Christmas Home Tour!
{scroll down for previous posts}

This morning I am wishing it looked as clean
as it does in these photos...  my island is covered
with newspapers and things I pulled out of my purse,
the dining room table is filled with gifts
waiting to be wrapped,
you know of course how it goes!

Last night we went to a Christmas party
in a spacious gorgeous magnificent home,
and when I walked in our door afterwards, suddenly our house looked,
well, rather small and dull and not as good as I left it!

My conversation with my husband this morning:
"We need to change the paint color on some walls!"
"We've got to do something with our boring entry way!"
"I've got to get some art on the walls!"
and
"See, I don't have too much Christmas decor!"
te-heeee!
{He doesn't really think it's too much, he tells me often how much he likes it!}


Have a blessed week, full of Christmas wonder!

~ Violet ~

I realize all of this is very trivial after the tragic event that took place
in the Connecticut school on Friday.  It is very much on my heart,
as well as prayers for all who are suffering from the tragedy.
Please visit my friend Anita's blog
to see a beautiful tribute.

10 comments:

Createology said...

Your home and holiday decor are lovely. The elegance is bliss.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Violet, OH DEAR...

First of all, I am so excited, so THRILLED TO SEE YOUR KITCHEN! I am itching NOW, to put more SILVER into my kitchen! YOWSA!!!!!!! I am loving everything about your kitchen and how you have incorporated all the silver and white. That is my focus this year and it is dreamy and fantastic. I am hoping to take some photos this week for next week's post to share my home.

Secondly, I want to thank you as always, for leaving love dust in my comment section. You are such a great sister to me, and your comments always lift me up. But to see how you have linked back to my post is such an honor my dear. I had no idea what I was going to share, but God just works through us when we "Show up for work" as a writer. There are no words, however. But only the children in His presence can sing the praises we still have yet to learn.

Much love to you and I AM DIGGIN' THAT KITCHEN! Anita

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hello Sweet Violet
I'm dropping by to tell you WELCOME HOME. WOW your home is stunning. Your fur babies look so so comfy. LOVE your kitchen in silver. WOW. such beauty.
Merry Christmas dear friend.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This is stunning, I love white and silver at Christmas time...everything looks perfect!! I hope you have a gorgeous week xx

Anne said...

How lovely!! The silver, the pretty white teapots, the brightness. Thanks for the eye treats, and Merry Christmas!

Charlene said...

Beautiful!!! Just like you! I have a white kitchen too & I LOVE it. Always looks fresh. I love how you used the silver.

I haven't visited in soooooooooooo very long. And I've missed you. I think I'll go back & read some older posts to catch up on you. I remember the beautiful picture you did of my precious Sheltie Reba after her passing & I treasure it still. I think I told you we got a Havanese? She's a doll & I love her but, she's not Princess Reba. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! HUGS!
Charlene

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your gorgeous Christmas kitchen. The silver and white are just the perfect backdrop for the pops of red. Stunning combination!
I'm visiting from Anita's blog and I'm so glad I did. Wishing you happiness and joy at Christmas!
New follower,
Patti

à la parisienne said...

Violet,

Your kitchen is actually quite stunning (and makes mine look rather plain), no matter how grand that other home must have made you feel. But, you're right, it's always a battle not to compare your home to others, and in reality, we're all so blessed to even have a home to call our own.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Florists In C Scheme said...

Woah this blog is excellent i really like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You recognize, a lot of persons are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.

Palomasea said...

Gorgeous and sparkling, dear Violet!
What a beautiful painting too...
Enjoy, sweet friend...
Hugs,
- Irina