Friday, October 3, 2014

Pink. Aqua. Cake. Mermaid. Queen. Laundry.



Cake. Mermaid. Pink. Aqua. Queen. Laundry.

What do these things have in common?

Do you remember my party post back in February
where I painted a giant
5'x4' CAKE?

It was a great photo backdrop
but where does one hang a five foot wide cake painting?







In the laundry room of course!

I've had the pink retro kitchen in here for the girls
to play with and decided to go with more
PINK with AQUA accents
to make a colorful room to do laundry in.



...Because I like to be the Queen in every room....


The only things I bought were some pink hangers
and an aqua throw rug


This is a self-portrait I did several years back
that is just right for the laundry room.
{ someone else's clothes line }


My friend Anita made me an aqua cake
with a pink bird on top
which is currently on the pink fridge

 Those cute aqua bowls are from Anthropologie
and we use them for ice cream quite often.




Don't you just get so frustrated
when the laundry fairy is doing her own laundry?

... One has to call in the laundry mermaid on those days ...


~ Violet ~


5 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Violet,
I absolutely LOVE your pretty cake painting! It looks so lovely in your sweet laundry room. I think everyone should have a laundry room like this..

Love the cake Anita made for you.
I had not seen it before... Just beautiful!
Thank you so much for this lovely post. It gave me a smile.
blessings,
Penny

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Violet,
Everything in this post made me smile, your imagination is magical. Love the big pink cake painting and looks like a charming laundry room that makes the chore ever so playful, I too received a cake made by Anita, She made me a cherry pink cake that I had staged in my Cherry Blosssom theatré production and now it is displayed in my glass front kitchen cabinet looking as sweet as can be.
Our sweet Anita makes the cutest little cakes and Violet I want to come play with you and chase shadow play! For I too have fascination and find delight in shadows.
Happy weekend,
xoxo,
Vera

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OK, I am finally here, with MY fairy laundry! You see, I don't have a fancy laundry room to do the chores, so my fairies would like to know if they can throw a load of pink, gray and white tulle tutus in the wash? I know you use only the best bubbles and with a wave of the laundry mermaid's wand, they will be done in NO TIME!

OH VIOLET! If my laundry room (an ugly basement) looked like this, I'd be doing my laundry more often! Genius use of that gorgeous painting, and the motif of water, mermaids and aqua is a happy way to get the job done.

This is a great way for me to start my Saturday morning! I suppose I should go down into the basement and get my laundry done!!!!

Thank you for using the cake! Looks pretty good!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So wonderful. Happy week to you xx

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are so blessed with talent! Who else can say they have such a darling laundry room with a gigantic pink cake and a self portrait!? You amaze me with the beauty that you create. The girls are lucky that you make their visits so special❤🌺