Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Paintings

I've been working on some new Afghan Hound oil paintings these past 2 weeks. I am thrilled to be the trophy artist for the 2008 Afghan Hound Club of Greater Denver Specialty, and will have 2 pieces in the art auction at the AHCA National show in September. I enjoy the beauty in so many breeds of dogs, but there is something so appealing to me about the Afghan! So beautiful, so regal and yet so funny, and how I love the way they prance when they walk, appearing to glide, hair blowing in the breeze ... what amazing creatures God has made! Yes, I can still say this even after the Afghan teeth mark embellishments on my new purple cell phone... (just a minor incident among the many.... including today's stealing of the hamburger buns from the counter as my back was turned, and munched upon!) Oh the stories I could tell...

To view my website ... which includes paintings of dogs, children, landscapes and more, please visit: http://www.violetskiles.com/

2 comments:

InkyArtitude said...

What a beautiful blog, everything I love, art, craft, and dogs: they are fab and remind me of my two Afghan Hounds which I had in the mid 70's - late 80's. Similar in colour, Badyr was a red/gold with black mask and Khan an Ivory with Black Mask. They too, were accomplished thieves with mischievous natures. Truly wonderful dogs who's spirits will always be with me. I now have GSD's and have a solid black stud dog named Diesel but it is wonderful to see Afghan's again, you don't see so many of them now in the UK.... pity! I will come back to visit again. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog.

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi - Thankyou for your kind words! It is fun to take the dogs out for walks and have people see them, so many have not ever seen Afghans in real life before, but many tell us stories of the ones they use to have. They are great conversation starters! Just got finished bathing and grooming them, that sure takes some time... always glad when it is done. Yea!