Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Treasures

One day last week a girlfriend and I went to a town nearby we love to visit and browsed around the antique shops and boutiques. It was a very icy-cold day but we came prepared in warm hats and scarves, and feasted our eyes on all the beauty that
captured our attention.
Now I wish I had taken more photos. The displays in this shop were so inviting. I love the white dishes and especially the beautiful pitcher.
-
There is nothing quite so refreshing as an afternoon away, free to browse to one's hearts content and to visit with a kindred spirit. Laughter is such a gift, and our hearts were lifted by the simple joy of friendship. I am so thankful for the beautiful friendships God has blessed me with! Each one is such a treasure.

2 comments:

Kathleen Ellis said...

What a lovely vignette and a fun "icky day" activity!
I love your painting on your header...soooo pretty!
Have a happy week!
;-D

~~Deby said...

oh I love things like that too..in my part of the Pacific Northwest--we have many shops and thrift shops---it is sometimes just like a breath of fresh air to do these kind of things...
Deby