Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Joyous Noel ~ and A Gift for You

Angels, from the realms of glory,
Wing your flight o'er all the earth;
Ye who sang creations story,
Now proclaim Messiah's birth.

Come and Worship, Come and Worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King!

Hark! The herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled!"

Veiled in flesh the Godhead see;
Hail the Incarnate Diety,
Pleased as man with man to dwell
Jesus our Emmanuel.

Hail, the heaven-born Prince of Peace!
Hail, the Sun of Righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings,
Risen with healing in his wings;

Mild he lays his glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.


-"Hark! The herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"

(a few verses from beautiful Christmas carols
that speak of the Wondrous Meaning of Christmas)

-
A few posts back I showed how to make envelopes from
napkins ... here I have used the same Christmas napkin
in this collage. I began with a 6"x8"canvas board that I painted
in shades of greens and golds. I then used matte medium to
adhere pieces of 2 napkins; I made a couple of these canvases,
and used vintage images for the angel art ... added glitter...
Instead of scanning them, I took a digital photo,
and improved the color and brightness, etc. in Photoshop.

I then moved an angel from one collage over to
the other, and did some digital manipulation,
and added the font.
Don't you love that font? It is called "Beyond Wonderland"
and don't you wish I could remember where I got it?
It was a free font from somewhere. (sorry about that.)

~ Below is my gift to you ~

Four tags from the cropped collage to use as
placecards on your Christmas table,
or use as gift tags.
There is a place to write in a name,
or use a computer font before printing them.
Here are 4 tags that will print on 4x6 photo paper.
Instructions: Left click on this image to show the full
size image. In your tool bar, click on "File"
then "Save As" to place in a folder on your computer.
Then open in your image editing program and print
on 4x6 paper, regular or gloss.

-Merry Christmas!
~ Violet ~

8 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Violet, I was smitten with your napkin envelope idea. Now you share more treasures (sigh with joy).

I thank you, because I plan on using your generous gift of the placards for our Christmas Dinner. There will 18 at our table this year. The family grows.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

PS. I posted a link of your posting on my sidebar.... wanted my readers to enjoy your beautiful creation.

BTW, I love that beautiful carol too. Those words share such a beautiful message of love!

Lorrie said...

These are beautiful, Violet. I love the angel and the colours.

Thank you,
Lorrie

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Beautiful ... Thank you for the creative gift and your generous heart!

Christmas blessings,
Melissa

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

How lovely of you to share something that you made! These are gorgeous! What a brilliant mind you have.

xx
becky

Blue Creek Home said...

Thanks for visiting!
Your site is so beautiful and inspiring. And oh my, what an amazingly gifted artist you are.

Thanks for the gift tags.
Rhonda

toves sammensurium said...

HI Vioelet...you are sooo talented you take my breath away :))
But more than that you make me laugh...just had a BIG one here,hen I saw your picture further down walking two afghans and you had a comment "hope no squirrles appear" --hahhaaa,know that feeling!!!!!!! You should see me walking 3 afghans and having two kids in a stroller....no comment!!!!!!!! (Well,chaotic perhaps .)))

marie said...

Thank you for sharing these - they so pretty! I can't wait to use them.

Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams sent me your way. She's so sweet!