Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beautiful Gifts

I received some lovely gifts for my birthday,
and today I want to show what my friend Anita sent.
~ All the way from Castles Crowns and Cottages ~
Tea Rat included a gift for my birthday also.
Wasn't that sweet of him?
Some tea, and things that sparkle

He is a clever fellow
~ and quite generous! ~

You can imagine my D E L I G H T!!!
-
And then I opened this amazingly beautiful box!
It is as if a book page is opened inside

With her three dimensional handmade bird
wearing a crown of course ~ with lots of glitter
and a beautiful original poem

Trying out different locations to get a good photo
to try to show the gorgeousness

A couple of close-ups

Thank you so much Anita, for all of the
T I M E   and   C R E A T I V I T Y   and   L O V E
-
~ and friendship ~
-
that went into this unique gift!!!
-
-

And this is not all, oh my oh my,
Look at this wonderful altered book she made,
with beautiful papers, embellishments, glitter and poems
that speak of friendship.








These photos do not do it justice,
it is just so beautiful.  I am continually so touched
every time I look at it ... how I treasure each page
-
-
... More?  Yes, more....
a crown, another bird
and yards of vintage ribbon in our favorite shades of aqua.

-
I am truly crowned with loving kindness and tender mercies
~ and friendship ~

Thank you Anita, for all of the love these gifts represent!
~  I will treasure them always  ~
-
-
-

And on May 28, Anita is hosting a link-up party
What do you find irresistible about Paris?
Visit her blog (here) for a peek
~ and join in the fun! ~

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Violet, I am SO SO TOUCHED!!!!! AND I HAVE THE SAME TRAY AS YOU DO, only in pewter color!!!! TEA RAT LOOKS SMASHING, that old RRRRRAT! He is proud as punch to be mentioned in this accolade of gratitude and my dear, I will forever treasure not only the magnificent CAKE AND TOPPERS YOU SENT, but the constant encouragement, GIGGLES, SPARKLE and daily friendship you give. My oh my...we are blessed indeed. AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PARTY ON MAY 28!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MENTIONING IT! How is that room coming along?

BIG HUGS AND MANY THANKS MA BELLE!!! Anita

Createology said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Your gifts are truly treasures from a wonderful friend. They are each so creative and beautiful. Happy Birthday and celebrate YoU!

Charlene said...

LUCKY YOU!!!!!! All your goodies are amazing. Enjoy each & every one of them. YOU deserve them! HUGS!
Charlene

Nita Stacy said...

What a beautiful gift! That little bird with the poem...how precious! Thanks so much for your comment on my hummingbird post. That quote was beautiful. Thanks for being my blog friend.