Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Loving Some Blues

This Blue Pillow
found in a flea market shop, is the perfect touch for this room!

And I found these shoes at a thrift store, just my size ... love them!

The Dress Form
was found at a flea market last year, and it called my name
~ it was decoupaged with Paris images and script! ~

This Angel Painting
inspired the blues coming into my studio

And Today, This Ceiling Becomes Pale Blue!
and then I will paint the walls a creamier lighter shade of what it is now.
-
~ Saturday update:  new photo of painted room ~

Will try to get some photos later that show the shade of blue better!

A close-up of my vintage chandy
my birthday present from my husband ~ now hung in my studio
and casting light upon the new blue ceiling!
-
I am loving these blue accents!
What colors are floating your boat this spring?
-
-

6 comments:

Martina said...

Such lovely things violet! I so love the dress-doll, you're such a lucky girl to have it!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Wonderful blues... love those shoes!

Createology said...

Blues are always my favorite color and make me feel just right with the world. I must say I have been loving the pastels this season after the greys of winter. Your treasures are over the moon and I am swooning over your soon to be blue ceiling with that gorgeous chandy sparkling light all over.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

VIOLET!!!! THIS IS WONDERFUL MY DEAR! ANd that vintage picture is the perfect shade to match those fabulous SHOES!!!! Are you loving your chandy? It reminds me so much of my studio!!!!! WE NEED TO DO A TWIN STUDIO BLOG POST TOGETHER!!!!! The blue ceiling is really going to look perfect; then with some rhinestones maybe, in a circular pattern around the base of the chandy?

Ahhhh....blue is truly a heavenly color!!! Anita

Kate said...

Violet

the blues are magnificent!!! Bravo what a terrific post Have a blessed week

xoxo
Kate

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY FRIEND!!!! We are getting closer to the PARTY!!! I will come via email...Anita