Friday, August 17, 2012

Kitchen in Progress

This is it so far
-
The kitchen is coming along!  The floors are covered with paper,
they are a dark brown-stained concrete.
Stainless appliances will go in all the empty spaces.
There will be corbels under the range hood.
And then at last, the perfect accessory
~ a swarovski crystal chandelier over the island ~
-
I have been hunting down chandeliers in antique shops,
flea market shops (and one for the entry in an actual lighting store)
And spray painting a couple I kept from our former home.
-
I am so excited about the lighting that will be the finishing touches.
-
This coming week it will be all about interior painting.

6 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I AM THRILLED. I feel as if I have been on this journey with you, and for that correspondence and fun, I thank you. Your companionship my friend means the world to me.

I AM ANXIOUS to see the corbels and......ta dah.....THE CHANDELIER OVER THE ISLAND! You have got to be as giddy as a kid....come on now, admit it! I KNOW YOU ARE!

Your kitchen will be the center of joy and much creativity. I have GOT to find a way to visit you for at least a DAY!!! LOVE YOU! Anita

Createology said...

Such a rewarding experience and the result will be exactly what you want. Your kitchen is magnificent. The chandeliers sound amazing. This will truly be the heart of your home. Blissful...

Nita Stacy said...

Oh, it looks like its going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see as it progresses.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just had to come back to see what's cookin'!!!!

GORGEOUS MY DEAR! Anita

Unknown said...

Violet, You're now at the really exciting place. All the beautiful details. Same with painting, right? You do the important groundwork and then enjoy the "goodies" at the end.

I especially love your quote from John Eldridge about beauty. I say whenever you have a choice, pick beauty every time! Surround yourself with it. Look out the window--God has surrounded us with it too. Can NEVER have too much!

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Violet! Long time no chat with! Loving this new KITCHEN! You'll love those granite counters! That's on my wish list to upgrade in my home, even though it was built only 8 years ago. My sister put granite in hers a few years back and just loves it... I love the backsplash area as well! So pretty! Hugs from GA... ;) ~CC Catherine