Monday, August 13, 2012

Butterflies ~ Dragonflies ~ Mud Pies

Summer Days
Birds Chirping, Butterfly visits, Sunshine and Flowers
-
The sounds of children's voices laughing and squealing for joy from
The water hose
Bug collecting
Digging in the dirt
{ to make mud cakes and pies ~ decorated with flowers}
Swinging
Popsicles
Fudgesicles
Picnics in the back yard
-
I am enjoying these fleeting moments of childhood joys
with little ones, ages 2, 4, and 6 ~ as grandkids visit
-
And wishing my energy would last as long as theirs!
-
How are you spending these gorgeous August days?
~ Violet ~
-
(photo found on Pinterest source unknown)


4 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I loved making mud pies with my sisters as children, my mom would judge them all at the end, it was so much fun. I hope your grandchildren and you enjoy :)) Have a great day x

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Good evening Violet,
Grandchildren are the best.. Now just to keep up with them, you are right..
I have been sanding, priming and painting this month.. Cabinets are complete, changed my backsplash, now working on another project in the kitchen.
Wishing you a beautiful evening.. Enjoy your visit with the children.
Blessings,
Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dear, dear sister,

You deserve a celebration and we are going to pull it off somehow. When you get settled into the house, the action will not stop...you know that, don't you? But that is what it is all about; the magic of the lights you are planning, the open rooms and well-planned layout....perfect for children to explore. I am spending my days as you know, creating and re-inventing, as YOU ARE and I am happy to be doing it by your side. Go out there today and have a magnificent day! LOVE! Anita

hi-d said...

How beautiful!!! Looks like you're going to have an amazing kitchen when finished.