Thursday, November 8, 2012

White and Fur



~ They think every rug is put there for them ~
-
This is a photo of our master bath,
the colors are whites and grays
with a stained concrete floor

At first viewing did you think there was just one dog
laying there on that rug, 

Or think I have a two-headed dog?

{they do tend to blend together}

Sharing at Timewashed for
"Blissful Whites Wednesdays"

and at Jennifer Rizzo's
"Fabulously Creative Friday"

The chandy over the tub is from an estate sale
and I brought it with me from our
previous home where it was hanging
in my studio
(will show the larger vintage chandy in my new studio another time)



Views to and from the shower

I found this long curtain at a gift shop
and made a clear vinyl liner for it,
turning it into a shower curtain


behind the bathtub
... a little white bird in the window ...

~ Violet ~

13 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

Those are beautiful dogs and a lovely bathroom. Combine them together for some awesome eye candy.

Solange

Sarah said...

Oh, I would love to have one of those soaking tubs!
Your dogs are wonderful.........better than the tub!!!
And yes, I didn't see two at first glance. ;-)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Violet, what a beautiful retreat! I love that you sweet companions are always side by side.
I love the colors in the concrete floor.
fondly, Penny

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good afternoon my beloved FRIEND, SISTER, COHERT IN GLITTER and fellow dreamer!!!

The work and time you both have put into this home, the months of planning, and continuing your lives as normal is impressive. To now see it together is pure joy. THANK YOU for all the times you have shared with me and have welcomed me in. That arched window is sensational, those RUGS are adorable, and that shower! MAGNIFIQUE!!! HUGS MY DEAR! Anita

Martina said...

Viollet, thi is a dream of a bathroom - and your dogs treasure it. It looks like it's made for them!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Stunning, love this room :) x

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Violet,
Thank you so much for coming over for a visit and leaving such PRAISE! I am blushing over here.. I am honored to have you follow along.. Bless you.
This room...ahhhhh... a dream come true... Enjoy..
fondly,
Penny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

yes, i did think it was one dog at first glance! Lovely bath. The clear panel in the curtain is brilliant, but then of course i love anything with birds on it!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And for ME, my visits here are always filled with a SIGH and a smile. THANK YOU for coming to visit my quick post! Love that window in the bath!! Anita

Palomasea said...

Following dear Anita!
Oh, Violet...what a beautiful sanctuary you have created....Enjoy, sweet friend...the hard work is now paying off...
And look at those shaggy beauties!!!
Please hive them a hug from me...
And a hug for you! :))
- Irina

Palomasea said...

Ooops...I meant GIVE! ;)

Divine Theatre said...

Goodness! This is stunning! I decorate with fur too! We are actually saving up our fur to crochet a scarf!
The angels you saw on my blog are from Design Toscano. They are fiberglass. I have a sickness for large statues! They do come in a smaller size (for your handsome husband's sake!)
Thank you for gracing my blog!

xo

Andie