Friday, December 20, 2013

Crafting Luncheon

CRAFTING ~ GIRLFRIENDS ~ FUDGE ~ SPARKLE
is how I spent a fun day!
 

We began with a luncheon of hot soup and toasty bread




With fudge for dessert and a coconut SNOW cake, and tea.

I made that funny snow angel a couple of years ago.
How I laugh when I unwrap her each Christmas season!


We then moved upstairs to my studio to these place settings
Where I taught how to make snowy Christmas scenes

The base is oval wood found at Michaels.
We used palette knives to apply plaster of Paris
and cover it while still wet with a combination of white snow and retro flakes
and glitter.  I found a set of snowmen ornaments at half price,
and after being covered in glitter they were quite cute!
The other option we used were little plastic deer.




our snow scenes all lined up for their photo

A few days later I made some more as gifts for friends

This one features my friends Cavaliers
I printed a photo I'd taken of them and glued it to heavier paper
and cut them out, adding crowns and glitter.
The family's last name is Chestnut

I found all these trees at a store for $1 each.
I bought up their entire supply.


The banner on this one says
JOY TO THE WORLD, THE LORD IS COME!
LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING

I typed it out on heavy paper with my vintage typewriter.
(even though I have an 'old typewriter' font on my computer)

and added glitter of course!

as I was trying to fall asleep last night my mind wanted to go over
all that must still be done before Christmas.
I knew I'd never get to sleep if I mentally began that list!
Instead I considered the PEACE and wonder of Christmas
as I drifted off to sleep.

I leave you with the words of this beautiful Christmas song
written by  Isaac Watts, born in 1674

Joy to the world!  The Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let ev'ry heart prepare him room,
And heaven and nature sing.

Joy to the world! The Saviour reigns!
Let men their songs employ;
While fields and floods, rocks hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy; repeat the sounding joy

He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of his righteousness
And wonders of his love;
and wonders of his love; and
WONDERS

wonders of his
LOVE



Merry Christmas Dear Ones!
~ Violet ~

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm sure your friends had a delightful time! The snow scenes look so nice and have the only kind of snow that I wish would come here. But, I live in Colorado so there will be some of the REAL flakes soon. Merry Christmas.♥♫

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So wonderful. Sounds like a great time :)) Everything looks so beautiful too :)) I hope you have a very special Christmas time xx

Nita Stacy said...

THose are stinking cute! I need to make some with photos of my dogs...for sure!

Palomasea said...

Dear Violet!!
Thank you so much for coming by to see glimpses of wonder! :)
I am completely overjoyed by the wonder found HERE! I caught up will all of your posts...so beautiful...from your lush home decor, to your splendid art...to your magnificent grand-kids and pups...
And what a fun and adorable craft this is! I love the doggie one you created...
I am always touched and inspired when I visit you... :)
Many blessings and much love to you..
Wishing you a GLORIOUS Christmas!!!
Warm hugs,
- Irina

Charlene said...

What fun you must of had! I love your trees & the Afghan box at the beginning of the post! I have made NOTHING! I have chased my tail all year!!! I am ready for 2014 & want to create more! Merry Christmas!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I am FINALLY here.

I am actually in Phoenix, waiting for our flight to Minneapolis!

What can I say but that your home is a place I would love to see at least once, to sit in that glorious studio of yours (it is very much magazine worthy material!) and to craft with you.

I have so much to tell you about the wondrous time we spent with family. Back tomorrow as I need my sleep! LOVE! Anita