Monday, August 15, 2016

The Pond (and Island) T R A N S F O R M A T I O N

Welcome to my island, which I've named
~ Fairy Island ~


We went from the house we built on a small lot
to a 30+ year old home on almost 2 acres.
~Which came with a concrete pond and an island~
but oh it did not look like this
last year when we moved in.  Below is the "BEFORE" 


Solid green scum, debris and a huge mound of blackberry bushes.

and no way to get out there unless you trudged through the green muck.
Of course, what would be the point of getting out there anyway, 
to a forest of prickly blackberrys!

But after much work mostly on my husbands part,
(including a bridge to the island)
I planted flowers in pots and decorated the oasis.

Even the ducks were overwhelmed by too much scum!
And there was no going onto an island of thick weeds.

At one time this place had beautiful grounds, but
had suffered neglect for a few years.



but now
Fairy Island
is a place of beauty and whimsy!

At the end of August I will be showing the renovations
we did to the house and gardens,
with 'before' and 'after' photos.

I hope you will come back to view more transformations!

~ Violet ~



7 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

How wonderful!What a great job your hubby did.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ahhhhhhhh

This is absolutely the perfect place for you, for you and the beautiful people in your life who adore nature, art, fun, whimsy and YOU! To see the changes you have done reveal a bit of who you are; a family who enjoys God's glorious greens of live-giving beauty, and surroundings that only bring joy. The hard work, the muscle-challenging lifting of rocks, hauling of old branches, pulling up of roots, then planting, I know to some extent that feeling! But you must sit here and just look out at all the work, like you as a painter would look at your canvas. There is such a satisfaction here my friend, and watching you do this over the last year has been my joy.

What wonder. Now, I can't wait to see the next stage in this series!!!!!!!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

VIolet this is truly an enchantment of whimsy and folly achieved through creativity and much grunt work. Building our dreams is a labor of love and believe me the efforts of you and your Mr. are seen, appreciated and applauded. Thank you for your sweet comment you left for my fairytale. There will be 3 published books, my gesture and need to leave my lasting legacy behind. Something I know you too understand.
xoxo,
Vera

Christel said...

Dear Violet, So nice to meet you, I am Christel Hutson, of A Far Place blog, I found you through my sweet friend Penny's blog. What a wonderful, magical fairy land you have created! I absolutely love it!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Violet,
This is such a magical post! I am in awe. What a boat load of work that was, but the result was well worth it, no? And such beautiful little fairies sitting at the table too.
Thank you so much for visiting, Violet and leaving such a sweet comment..
blessings,
Penny

Summer said...

What a beautiful setting! The place is gorgeous ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Createology said...

I am so very enchanted by your Fairy Island and the entire transformation of the pond and land. I am late to your party but I am so grateful for being invited. You always inspire dear.