Saturday, May 21, 2011

Glorious COLOR!

Several years ago I received a plant sent by my friend Martha
as a birthday gift.  It was about a foot tall and I planted it
in our front yard.  Every year ~ after looking like it had died
in the winter ~ it grew bigger and more glorious
in the spring and always bloomed on my birthday week in April.

When we moved from that house to where we live now,
we dug it up and brought it with us,
and at first I didn't think it was going to survive.
And two years ago the winter seemed to have surely killed it.

This year we have had a cold spring
and I anxiously awaited the blooms for my birthday week
at the end of April.  It is almost a month late, but my oh my!
It's so special getting a late birthday gift don't you think?
It extends the fun.

The tiny plant now stands 5 feet tall,
and has the most GLORIOUS flowers!
What delight God must have when He creates such beauty.
~ For us to behold for just a week or so out of every year ~

... Chinese Tree Peony ...
Beautiful shades of white with accent colors of creamy pale yellows,
with a center of the brightest colors in nature,
surrounded by lush greens
I do believe God is the best Designer.
And has awesome color palettes!
-
~ What treasures He has created for us to enjoy ~
-
-

-
-
P.S.
I've updated a photo of my now creamy ~ with hint of pale yellow~ studio
with the new blue ceiling in my previous post if you'd like to see it.

1 comment:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST I AM HERE!!!! HOW IS IT GOING??? I thought my email was down today; I haven't heard from you today and that concerned me, but I know you have to be so busy! WHAT A GREAT FLOWER!!! And your room is going to be sooooooo stunning!!! Anita